My husband wrote this a while back when he was at a crossroads with his spiritual outlook.
ANSWER ME GOD!
Question:
Where were you God, when I needed you the most?
When I was full of pride, and began to boast.
Where were you God, when the devil was at my heels?
When I turned to evil and drugs for my thrills.
Where were you God, when the devil filled me with sin?
And I awoke regretting when my life began?
Answer:
Silence your tongue boy; I was there before you would ask,
The pain and the evil I refuse to mask.
I walked with you side by side,
And with every drug used I would cry.
I had to let your addiction be your own conviction.
Had I not let you get burned,
There wouldn’t have been a lesson learned.
And had I wrapped you up and taken it away,
You would have not been grateful for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment